The Lewiston Democratic Party strives to make Lewiston an inclusive community that meets the needs of all its citizens through diverse representation.
The Lewiston Democratic Party works to build relationships in our city with the goal of making Lewiston a place where everyone can pursue their dreams. By recruiting and electing candidates to local, state, and federal office who share our values, we aim to ensure that our government plays an active role in making Lewiston the best it can be.
What We've Achieved
- Expanded a 4-3 City Council majority to 5-2.
- Elected one Democratic school committee member in 2017.
- Elected an all-Democratic state legislative delegation in 2016.
- Recruited three Somali-American candidates to run for the Lewiston School Committee last year (2017).
- Ran candidates for all possible offices in 2018.
- Recruited majority-women slates for Council last year and state legislature this year
- Helped secure the passage of Medicaid expansion in 2017.
- Renewed our commitment to small-dollar local fundraising.
- Recruited the most diverse city committee in Lewiston history.
- Endorsed Jared Golden for Congress.
- Turned nearly 500 Bates College students out to vote by investing in peer-to-peer campus organizing
- Raised over $180,000
- Elected people younger than 24 to all four party officer positions